Tuesday, July 14, 2015

This one if for you, Poppa


I am finally completed with this piece of work. It took me about a month and a half to do. There were a few set backs: colors didn't match, the golden thread decided to have an attitude with me, and after starring at a canvas for so long your eyes start to glaze over. Thankfully, a steady supply of music and a long island ice tea can help any artistic hangover. Unless, of course, you fall asleep from the long island ice tea.

But I digress.

In all seriousness, I made this piece for my father who is currently doing treatment for prostrate cancer. He doesn't look sick, that's because God has kept him well. I mean, six weeks of treatment is a long time. My fathers belief has become a guiding post for me in my own spiritual life, because no matter what religion or temples I visit, I always go back to my foundations. I always think of my dad and his journey.

The radiation he is going through is another part of his spiritual journey. I know God will treat him well and bless him along the way. I know because life is like cross stitch. You see a beautiful picture and you dedicate yourself to completing it. There are trials and errors, set backs and withdrawals. There are happy times and then depressing times. And then those times when you know you just have to complete it. And when you do....


It's the most beautiful piece the world has ever seen.

This one is for you Poppa. Hope you like it :)

Toodles!
VanaQB

No comments:

Post a Comment