Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Should I? Should I REALLY???

It's a hard enough question to my already sleepless artistic life. I love to draw, I love to color within the lines because my child side knows better, I love love acrylic paint, cross stitching is like the quiet and resourceful lover that I never had, and water color tests my constricting boundaries on art. That said, I try to dedicate myself to just one piece or two at a time. Or, like a restless fever, I go into doing doodles every day.

If not doodles, reading romance novels of high quality. Anne Stuart you Goddess of writing.  

But should I really bite off more than I can handle? Should I really be looking at other pieces to do when I had an unfinished one next to me? I've seen smaller ones on Instagram, the sodapop....sodamop....soba-- no wait, those are noodles. Sodastitch! That's it, sodastitch. Though I never see any sodas associated with the art....don't know why, seems like a complete waste of title enforcement. 

I could very well sit down and finish these smaller pieces in two days, a day and night if I really hid myself downstairs. They are so cute and Instagram and Pinterest have their fair share. Though I do admit, so many people were hash-tagging sodastitch I looked it up. 

And was bombarded with cuteness. Go ahead, if you dont' beleive me. I would love to do these if I didn't already have other pieces calling me. 

And that's the problem, just to many times I sit down doing a piece and I'm thinking of another one. Like, kissing someone but thinking of Captain Jack Sparrow or Legolas from LOTR (mmmmm, Legolas). I don't mean too, I really don't, but all I can think about is my black cloth Mother Mary and baby piece, and how much fun it would be. 

I'm sorry WIP, I'm so sorry but Legolas is so damn hawt--!

/(l.l)/
Wow, this is really getting out of hand. 

Let me leave you fabulous people with a picture of my side fling and my growing work space. I'm still going to have this inner battle, and I'm sure it won't disappear any time soon. Siiigh. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's had thoughts like mine and there just isn't enough hours in a day to do all that I want. 

One day though. One day.



Toodles!
-VanaQB

No comments:

Post a Comment