Thursday, September 24, 2015

Another Christmas Gift and Christmas Preparations

As everyone knows, that big wintery day is coming soon. Well, 2 months or so, which can be a long time for people. But for us crafters it really isn't that long to get our gifts together for our loved ones. Especially if you are doing BIG projects for them.

My other nephew requested a Zelda piece as well. It's 17"x25" on 14 ct. I'm going to put that sucker on 16ct thread just to make it smaller (or 18ct but I don't know how to convert the sizes). Of course, Etsy will be my go to for this project.

Then my third nephew wants a blanket made from green yarn. I have a pattern already set aside for him and a butt load of green yarn from previous sales.

My niece still hasn't decided. I told her she has until the end of this week to let me know what she wants, because I have to start prepping and organizing the projects. At first she wanted a blanket with pink, blue and purple in it. Then she changed her mind and said she wanted a cross-stitched Evee  Pokemon piece. Then My Little Pony, then back to Pokemon. See why I gave her until the end of this week?

Because its MANLY!

Exactly.

It is a lot of projects and I haven't even asked my sister what she wants. She probably will say just give to the kids, but I want to do something special for her. I just need to look in my stash and see what she wants.

I have spent a lot of time organizing my floss. With all these projects coming up I ended up bying bobbins and labeling them. Now I know why people love these things. It helps a lot and I don't have to dig through bags of floss.

Welllll, I don't have bags....maybe a few.

I've also been keeping a hawks eye on different sales. I get all my floss from AC Moore because its a few cents less than Micheals (those cents add up you know). I go for the one item discounts or the entire purchase discounts. That let's me buy a lot of thread one time and save money. Because with all these projects, I need to save as much as I can. Both in money and time. I figured a few hours on each project a day will get me closer to Christmas.

What are your Christmas Gift plans?

Toodles!
-VanaQB

PS. My weekly Zelda Map update will be late because my phone isn't working. So bunch of pictures when it is fixed!

No comments:

Post a Comment