Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Zelda Map Week #1: Pg 1

AC MOORE HAUL. WITH DISCOUNT :)
IT'S HERE!! That's right folks, I bought my very first cross-stitch project from Etsy and I'm well on my way! Everything is a new experience for me. I usually work with 14ct projects, but this is my first 18ct one on softer fabric. If you haven't been keeping up with me on my Instagram (VanaQB) then fyi, the woes of fraying fabric have haunted me. Even broke two sewing needles on my Singer sewing machine too trying to fix edges.

How? Effort. Teamwork.


Sigh.

On the bright side of things, the Instagram cross-stitch community have been very supportive. They have given me ideas on how to fix my fraying problems, on how to organize my thread (thanks and love from those who gave me their preparation methods when I asked, much appreciated), and just keeping me positive!

Love that community. Just love it.

So back to my work. I have been updating regularly on my Instagram and I have decided to post weekly for my Zelda map on my blog. It's easier for me and you really get to see whats happening over seven days. That said, without further ado, here is WEEK#1 progress!!!!







This is about 10-12 hours of work for one week. I started out strong doing a little something every night. There are only 66 colors, but even that I find challenging. I normally do 10-20. Have you seen my fish piece? That's a 20 color set. I'm just so excited for this, I really am, and the learning process is amazing. Can't wait to finish this page :3

Toodles!
-VanaQB

No comments:

Post a Comment