Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Just work out while you stitch! Do-do do do do do do~!!

Don't know about you guys, but when I sit down for long periods of time I get leg cramps, feel my blood in my leg acting weird (maybe I should get that checked), and my neck cramps up. Oh sure, I get up every hour or so and stretch my limbs, but what about real exercise?



"Stitching is essential, but so is your health." -said Work-out Kitty.

I thought. "Let me look up online and see what they have." Of course, everyone knows how much stuff pops up when you search for something on google. I even got exercises for pregnant women. That was interesting. So after searching for a little bit more, I found something that was simple and easy.

And they're in pictures!!!(Don't forget to read my CAUTION before you proceed with these exercises).
CAUTION: Please be careful and know your limits. If a previous health situation prevents you from doing one of these, please skip and do the others. You don't have to do all of them.
Then I thought, "I can do these, no problem!" Even I hate to set down my cross stitch once I pick it up, but I'm determined to try and add these exercises to my routine. Heck, I will put on a timer if I have too!"

Yahooo, mind power.

And then a whisper said to me, it said, "Let me share my findings with my fellow crafters. They might find it useful." Thus this post! And I realized something. Not many craft blogs mention anything about exercise or that much health. Which, I can understand since you're dealing with crafts, but still!

Long periods of sitting, bending over, moving your wrists, keeping your legs in one position....OMG, it sounds like a desk job!!

*SHIVERS*

Craft magazines should really put one or two of these exercise photos in their stuff. If they do, kitty power to them. It could be very useful and extend the health of their audiences. That, and encourage people to have a bottle of water (juice, sometimes wine woks well) to hydrate themselves as they craft. Sometimes getting up to use the bathroom is the only relief you get after a few hours of work.

Best potty breaks evaaaa~!!

Good luck stretching that beauty ladies (and gents). Next update will surely be the start of my Zelda Map Piece!

Toodles!
-VanaQB

No comments:

Post a Comment