Wednesday, May 13, 2015

I'm scarred of 22count and higher D:

There! I've said it. Now you know my dirty, little, dark secret that I harbor within myself when I look online at different patterns. Just the thought, no, the IDEA of my completing one of these gruesome numbers makes me shiver.

*shiver*

Ugh.

I'm justified though. I like to think that I haven't explored my comfort zones of 14 count, 16 count and 18 count enough. Look at the chart down below:

Apparently there is needle size to (I don't know...)

Yes, I've bought a butt load of works, but I haven't really frolicked in it. Another reason being, I don't know how to do it. Plain and simple. That part of the field I haven't frolicked and rolled around in? It's a dark, secret place. Now, this doesn't mean I haven't researched on it. I tried, I really did.

After several attempts and look ups, I found this:



Epic fail Internet. The only reason I know that this is 22 count or higher is because I remembered my neighbors, who are also crafty and knowledgeable, said that for that count number I have to go over two, so its hugging two column lines. When I saw this, I had to tell myself that this is it. This is what epic people who cross stitch really do. They are Master artisans, while I am Intermediate. WoW anyone?

I mean, just look at what these other bloggers have done!

Mytimestitching on Wordpress:

Oriental Cross Stitch seems pretty popular.

Stitch and Strive:

 (look reeeeally close)

Random Ramblings:




Maiden.Mother.Crone:



Some people like HAED, Heaven And Earth Designs, one of the many kinds of producers for cross stitch out there on the market. They focus more on detailed scenery and fantasy. When I was looking at some of their patterns online, I was like "Wow, these are so beautiful...wait, is that higher than 28 count? That's so detailed!!" And then I spend a long time looking at other people's works of eHAED. I noticed that most crafters used the parking method, which is using several colors one time in a 10x10 box, a row, or several spots.You can see that method down below on one of their blogs, Our Friends HAED SAL.

Park it!
The detail man. That detail. And the images down below is just from one person (I think).




Can't even imagine the time, the dedication, the tears, the joy. The beauty is worth it.

.....ummm, that side of the meadow is looking pretty bleak and hazardous to me. I still can't bring myself to buy a piece, let alone complete one.

*shiver*

Ugh.

*shiver*

One day...for sure, I will tackle one of these babies and have it underneath a piece of glass on my table so that when guests come over, they can be all "WOOOOOOW" and I will be all "I KNOOOOOOOOOW". Till then, I should probably finish what I do have. I mean, it's not exactly cheap the higher counted cross stitch. They are literally time and money. For beginners, I won't dissuade you from trying higher count if you want too. That will be an invaluable experience. If you're more cautious, try the lower count first, like 6-18. Figure out your style and work with it. Because let me tell you-

These stitches don't cross themselves.

Toodles!
-VanaQB












No comments:

Post a Comment