Monday, May 18, 2015

Just cruzin'! Na na na na na na na nana-- Oh, wait, wrong song

I have a guilty pleasure. That guilty pleasure is looking up cross stitch patterns while I'm at work. When the crazy stuff ends and there is a lull in the work day, I pick up my mouse and click, click, click, I'm on a cross stitch website looking at various designs.

Usually, those designs are 22ct or higher and we all know how I feel about those!

I just can't help myself though. The colors and designs are so vibrant I can hardly stand it. I'm pretty sure my job doesn't pay me to sit and look at these beautiful colors, but I'm okay with it.

From HAED, down below are examples of a few that I've oozed over (wait, what?):



You see? Do you see why both my heart and wallet cry at the same time? Especially for this one, the Disney Princess' Apocalypse Princesses. It's a little showy, so I won't post the photo here. Responsible Adults click away.

Just another wallet cracker. AAARRGH BATMAN!

And then there is this Zelda piece that is calling to my Inner GG (Gaming Goddess). One stitcher already completed it on her website, along with other amazing complex looking stuff. I, for one, would love to complete this piece in the sanctuary of The Bahamas.



Need I say more? I wonder if they have Twilight Princess and Pikmin out there....hmmm.

Last but not least, this lovely Elven Maid, though I'm pretty sure they meant to say Elven Maiden, since she looks like a lady more than a maid. But that's just me. Choose to ignore. Every time I look at this piece, I imagine me being her meeting Legolas from LTOR and then I just start salivating. Because not only is he good looking, but he's a hard worker, has integrity and is loyal to his friends. And did you see how epically (?) he took down that elephant in LOTR: The Return of the King?? And how he awesomely (??) flew over and fought for his I'm-not-into-you-anymore girl with that orc on the bridge in The Hobbit: The Five Armies (but it really wasn't five, it was just like one army split into two)??!! Sure he's a bit dense when it comes to picking up certain signals that could lead him to realizing that his elf chick is falling out of love with him and in love with a dwarf, but come on! He works so hard for his loved ones. It's almost ri-donck-u-lous (seriously you have a Masters, spell like you got sense). You kinda feel sorry for the guy! And he's Legolas! Look at his hair!!!



*gasp* Oh, right, stitching...love it.

Toodles!
VanaQB





No comments:

Post a Comment