Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Well Lookie At What I Found

You wouldn't believe what I discovered after clearing my house and rummaging through my older cross stitch stuff. Like, seriously, I had a throw back to when my sister and I first started stitching. It still had the wooden hoop on it and the cloth had turned from white to a little beige color in some areas. This was before I even started hoarding cross stitch!!

That's how far it threw me.

And what did I discover among the endless possibilities of finding random stuff in my house? I discovered...a piece that my sister started.

So Girly indeed
If I recall, this was bought in Florida at one of the many craft stores in the area. Couldn't remember exactly when it was started, but I knew it had to be college time, so around 2010-2012. I remembered my sister working on this piece, the feelings of noobness flooding back to me. I just had to pick up the packet and take a look inside. I found this down below:

18ct, Aidia cloth 



It's part of a series and this one had a more sister theme to it, so my sister bought it and altered the colors to match our skin tones. She did a pretty neat job on it, even the back was impressive. Why didn't she finish it? That's because life happened, we moved, changed work places, continued our education....It's just been sitting there for over three years! I couldn't resist: I sat down on the couch, picked it up, and watched three episodes of Alaska: The Last Frontier (awesome show by the way. Good job Discovery). 

This is what I completed:



I don't know how my sister did it. The needle that came along with the set is so blunt at the end, I have to use a pin needle to break the thread before I sent that sucker on through to do a half stitch. That's why it took me longer than I thought it should have taken to get the hair done that far. Ridiculous.  

Surprise progress report on my other project down below! WHAT WHAT?!?!!



Toodles.
-VanaQB

No comments:

Post a Comment